Wrestling Kings Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Kings Forum

HomeStreamsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Roll-Up Victories

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hamlertainment, Inc.

Hamlertainment, Inc.

Best Roll-Up Victories Empty
PostSubject: Best Roll-Up Victories   Best Roll-Up Victories EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H - Summerslam 2002
This was an unsanctioned match but some how recognized as Shawn Michaels official return match. Perhaps the two who have the most chemistry together in recent WWE history fought in an all out war. You have to remember, Shawn Michaels was out for four years and this was his official return match. Yet, The Showstopper showed no ring rust in any way. He performed spots that many thought he would never be able to do again. Shawn Michaels and Triple H brawled for a very long time. The ending of the match came as Shawn Michaels goes for the Sweet Chin Music, but Triple H catches him and sets him up for the Pedigree. However, Michaels reverses it and rolls Triple H up for the three. Triple H built HBK as a weak, has-been that didn’t have what it took to compete on his level. Yet Shawn Michaels overcame the adversity and not only took it to Triple H the entire match but beat him aswell.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle - Wrestlemania XX
Often one of the most overlooked matches on this phenomenal card because of the Triple Threat. Still one of my personal favorite matches on the card. Eddie Guerrero had just come off of a victory the previous month from someone similar to Angle in Brock Lesnar so many knew this match was going to live up to the hype surrounding it. Like many of us expected, the match was pretty equal throughout - it seemed Angle and Guerrero were pretty much on the same level. The end result gave Eddie the edge as he proved he was much smarter then Kurt Angle. Guerrero's boot slipped off while Kurt had the ankle lock applied then Eddie rolled him up for the win. Hilarious finish. The finish to the match was smart psychology, the referee wasn't knocked out, there was no foreign objects used, and no cheating involved. Eddie was simply the better, smarter man here.

Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog - Summerslam '92

This is my personal favorite roll-up victory. Davey Boy Smith and Bret Hart showed great storytelling in this match. I often consider it the single best Intercontinental Championship match of all time. In fact, I believe it’s the only time the Intercontinental Championship headlined a big four pay-per-view. This match really displayed Bret Hart's ability to really carry someone to a good match - I remember reading the British Bulldog was completely out of it during (or before) this match. These two brought magic to Wembley Stadium and put on a match with some of the best storytelling I have ever seen. The match ended greatly as Bulldog whips Bret into the ropes and Bulldog puts his head down, as Bret Sunset flips over Bulldog. However, Bulldog manages to hook Bret’s legs into a pinning position and score the 3 count for the victory and the Intercontinental Championship. A fanfuckingtastic way to end the match in front of the 80,000 screaming fans.

Obviously there are plenty of others: Michaels/Jericho, Santino/Umaga, Triple H/Jeff Hardy. Hell, I'll even accept Austin over Owen Hart.

What are some of your favorite roll-up victories?
Back to top Go down

Best Roll-Up Victories
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestling Kings Forum :: Wrestling :: General Wrestling and Classic-
Jump to: